World
Israeli Strike Nearly Kills Entire Lebanon Family


By - 16 Feb 2024 09:47 PM
Hussein Barjawi had invited his daughter, her husband and their two young sons to dinner in south Lebanon, but an Israeli strike nearly wiped them all out, an official said Thursday. A security source said a Hezbollah commander and two fighters from the powerful Lebanese movement were killed in the Israeli strike that targeted a building in the southern city of Nabatiyeh on Wednesday and also killed seven civilians from the same family. Lebanon's official National News Agency had reported that Hussein Barjawi, his daughters Amani and Zeinab, his sister Fatima and Zeinab's son Mahmud Amer were killed in the strike, while Hussein Amer, a small boy, was pulled alive from the rubble.The security source later told AFP that Barjawi's wife and niece were also killed. It was the bloodiest civilian death count from a single strike on Lebanon since cross-border hostilities erupted in October between Israel and the Iran-backed group. Amin Shomar, a local official in south Lebanon, said Ali Amer, his wife and their two sons, aged three and four, had been "invited over to his father-in-law's house in Nabatiyeh for dinner". Amer was "badly wounded" in the strike and was taken to hospital, Shomar told AFP, while his wife and son were killed and his other son was pulled from the rubble alive. |